Internships, Scholarships and Grants
If you're wondering about qualifying for a scholarship or if you've always wanted an internship here is your opportunity.
Internships look great on job and college applications and scholarships can help pay for college expenses like tuition, books and parking passes. Believe it or not, the price of books and a parking pass for one semester can be close to $700!!
Click the links below and find out how you can excel into your future...
Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes Seeks Nominations:
Children's book author T.A. Barron believes that today's youth can make a difference in their world. To inspire young people, he created the Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes. The Barron Prize honors young people ages 8 to 18 who have made a significant positive difference by helping others and/or the environment through a service project. Every year, 10 national winners each receive $2,500 to support their service work or higher education. Nominations can be made by teachers, advisers or activity leaders and the entry deadline is April 30, 2013. For more information and nomination packets, visit http://www.barronprize.org or find them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BarronPrize
- Free applications for federal student aid. FAFSA website.
- Scholarships for Girl Scouts
- The Corinne Jeannine Schillings Foundation recently announced 20 outstanding awardees of scholarships for foreign language or for study abroad. All awardees were Girl Scouts who earned their Silver award or Gold award. The purpose of the Corinne Jeannine Schillings Foundation is to support undergraduate college women in the study of languages and learning about other cultures. The foundation is dedicated to preserving the memory of Corinne Jeannine Schillings, who lost her life in the Baltimore Water Taxi accident on March 6, 2004. Corinne believed strongly in higher education for women and in learning about various cultures through the study of languages. Since 2005, the foundation has awarded 127 scholarships to deserving Girl Scout alumna. Click here for more information...
- General scholarships and helpful links:
- Go Gold Grant
- The new GSHCC Go Gold Grant is an opportunity for girls to receive funding support for their Gold Award projects. Funded through donors in the Think Girl Giving Circle, grant money is available for Girl Scout Seniors and Ambassadors who are currently pursuing their Girl Scout Gold Award.
- This year, a total of $5,000 will be allocated to girls through the GSHCC Go Gold Grant. Any girl working on an approved Gold Award project is encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be available online on Oct. 1 and are due on Dec. 15.
- Questions? Contact Fund Development, at 916.453.5216 or email@example.com
- Link to the application