When to Register
Registration opens February 1, 2014. Registration forms may be submitted by mail, fax, in person or online where applicable. Telephone registrations will not be accepted. Registrations received prior to February 1, 2014 will be accepted and the deposit will be processed but no campers will be placed until after the February 1 deadline. No preference will be given to registrations received prior to February 1, 2014. Registrations submitted by fax or online must be received by 11:59 p.m. February 1, 2014 to be included in the initial selection process. After February 1, 2014, registrations will be processed as they are received.
You will be notified if the camp session/program you requested is full. If your first choice session/program is full and if a second choice session/program is listed on the registration form, and space is available, you will automatically be placed in that session/program. Please do not list a second choice if you do not want to be placed in that session/program.
How to Register
If your daughter plans to attend more than one camp, or more than one session, a separate registration form and deposit are required for each. (Photocopies will be accepted.) Send a $75 deposit with each registration form to Girl Scouts Heart of Central California to avoid delay or you may pay the total camp fee at the time of registration. Deposits will be processed upon receipt of the registration form. Cookie credits may NOT be used for resident camp deposits. There will be a service charge on all returned checks.
Bringing a non-Girl Scout friend: Please remember: girls who are not Girl Scouts are welcome however; if your daughter is not a registered Girl Scout, an additional fee of $15 will be added to her camper fee. This additional fee covers Girl Scout membership.
1. Register Online click here.
2. Fax - 916-452-9182
3. Mail - Attention Girl Scouts Heart of Central California,
Click here for a registration form or you may also call (916) 452-9181 to request registration forms.
Please Note: You can not request a buddy if you are registering online, you must register by mail or fax if you are requesting a buddy.
Click here for information about financial assistance...
Financial assistance toward camp fees is available to girls in need. Use the financial assistance form. Please note that your camp registration form and your request for financial assistance are two separate forms. Send the financial assistance form to your local council and your camp application/registration to the Girl Scouts Heart of Central California. A $75 deposit is required even when you are applying for financial assistance.
Girls may request to be with one special friend in the same unit and program, if they are about the same age and ability. To be considered for the same unit, both girls must request each other and the registration forms need to be mailed in the same envelope. Girls requesting a buddy must mail or fax in their forms together. You cannot request buddy when you register online.
Allow at least two weeks for confirmation of your registration. No camp confirmations, verbal or written, will be available before February 15, 2014. Additional camp information and a bill will be mailed to you with your confirmation packet.
The balance of the camp fee is due and payable four weeks before the opening day of the camp session you have chosen. You will receive a flier with your bill – Important Dates to Remember – which will include the specific date payment is due. The camper will lose her place in the camp session/program if payment is not received by the due date. Payments may be made by check, money order, VISA, MasterCard or Discover and should be directed to Girl Scouts Heart of Central California.
Our council will accept partial payments. Payments must be a minimum of $50. Full payment still must be received four weeks before the opening day of the camp session you have choosen. You must track your own payments; additional bills will not be sent.
How to Pay the Bill
There are THREE ways to pay a bill:
1. Mail the bottom portion of your confirmation/bill with a check made out to Girl Scouts Heart of Central California or credit card information to Girl Scouts Heart of Central California, 6601 Elvas Ave., Sacramento, CA 95819.
2. Fax your credit card information on your bill to (916) 452-9182.
3. Call the Finance Department with your credit card information at (916) 452-9181 or (800) 322-4475
Cancellations and Refunds
If your selected camps are full, and no alternative can be found, or if the financial assistance amount requested is not fully granted, the total amount paid will be refunded. A portion of the camp fee (minus $25) will be refunded only if:
- Family plans change and the camper can no longer attend – in this case, written notification must be received four weeks before the opening date of the confirmed camp session.
- The camper does not attend due to illness or injury a letter from a physician must accompany the refund request.
- The camper is sent home from camp due to illness or injury. Refunds are prorated in such cases and will be made only at the request of the parent/guardian.
No refunds will be made if the camper leaves early for any other reason. Refund requests must be received by October 1, 2014.
There are THREE ways to cancel from a camp session:
1. Mail your cancellation request to Girl Scouts Heart of Central California, 6601 Elvas Ave., Sacramento, CA 95819.
2. Fax your cancellation to (916) 452-9182.
3. E-mail your cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please verify with the Administration Department that your cancellation notice has arrived.